How to Build a More Beautiful World: The 9 Principles of Interbeing
“We live in a world where everything is connected. We can no longer think in terms of us and them when it comes to the consequences of the way we live. Today it’s all about WE.” ~ Gregg Braden
The Story of Separation that has guided civilization for thousands of years is no longer serving us. Some believe it is time for a new Story of Interbeing and that if we act from this new story, a more sustainable world will be created.
The Principles of Interbeing are:
- That my being partakes of your being and that of all beings. This goes beyond interdependency – our very existence is relational.
- That, therefore, what we do to another, we do to ourselves.
- That each of us has a unique and necessary gift to give the world.
- That the purpose of life is to express our gifts.
- That every act is significant and has an effect on the cosmos.
- That we are fundamentally unseparate from each other, from all beings, and from the universe.
- That every person we encounter and every experience we have mirrors something in ourselves.
- That humanity is meant to join fully the tribe of all life on Earth, offering our uniquely human gifts toward the well-being and development of the whole.
- That purpose, consciousness, and intelligence are innate properties of matter and the Universe.
Source: This article is an excerpt from ‘The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible‘, by Charles Eisenstein, writer, teacher and speaker on the subject of sacred economics.