Sometimes life can be hard. Bad things happen to the wrong people, good things happen to those who least deserve it — you know the story.
All too often, particularly in the media, it appears that the bad outweighs the good.
Yes, the world can be full of dark and disturbing things, yet why is it that when something good happens it is often swept under the rug?
With the awful able to firmly fix itself within one’s memories it then becomes extremely easy to lose track of how good and kind human beings can actually be.
So, to celebrate humanity and the acts of kindness that are so often forgotten about, here are 12 photographs that will hopefully restore your faith in humanity.
12. A dry cleaners offers the unemployed a head start in Portland, Oregon.
11. A villager selflessly saves a litter of tiny kittens during floods in Cuttack City, India.
10. Christians attend Gay Pride with ‘sorry signs’ in Chicago, Illinois.
9. After other passengers attempted to wake a stranger who had fallen asleep on his shoulder, New Yorker Issac Theil exclaimed, ‘He must have had a long day, let him sleep. We’ve all been there, right?’
8. A father makes things a whole lot easier for his son.
7. Every lunch time this man reads to his colleague who can’t read himself.
6. Window washers clean the windows of a children’s hospital dressed as superheroes in Memphis, Tennessee.
5. A firefighter stops mid duty to help a severely dehydrated Koala bear.
4. When this person kick started a need for solidarity in the wake of a terrorist attack.
3. These Commuters who helped free a man who was stuck between the train and the platform in Perth, Australia.
2. When this Brazilian deaf and blind youngster was able to experience a real World Cup due to the help of others.
1. When parents totally win at doing their job.