15 Complex Concepts Expressed in Simple Sentences
Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creative. ~ Charles Mingus Click To Tweet
Simplicity is the elixir that distills the truth.
Complicated, complex matters can almost always be broken down to a level that allows child and layman alike a crack at decoding them even further.
There is nothing noble about hiding behind a smoke-screen of academese or posturing for those not in the know. Such is the mark of an immature person, no matter how intelligent they may appear to some.
The wise man, instead, never fails to simplify, and it is this that makes him truly intelligent.
Here are 15 complex concepts expressed in simple sentences.
1) Never compare your weaknesses to other people’s strengths.
2) Own your life, or someone will own it for you.
3) We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
4) Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.
5) If you accept your limitations, you go beyond them.
6) Comfort is the enemy of achievement.
7) No matter what anyone says to you, you don’t have to eat dinner with them, live with them, or go to bed with them.
8) If you risk nothing, you risk everything.
9) Don’t give others the power to control your emotions. Those are only yours and they are only for you to manipulate.
10) Victory introduces you to the world, but defeat introduces the world to you.
11) If you don’t do stupid things while you are young, you will have nothing to smile about when you are old.
12) Don’t waste your time with explanations. People only hear what they want to hear.
13) Don’t rest after your first victory, because if you fail the second time, more lips will be waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
14) Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves.
15) The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so better try to make yourself as interesting as possible.