The road to self-improvement can be a bumpy one. Nobody changes until not changing hurts more, and hurts every second.
For those of you who’ve ever confided your troubles to the wrong person, you know this: advice that’s effective, shrewd and condescension-free can often prove hard to come by.
If you’re like me, you find it tough to take even sound advice when it’s coming from a smug, patronizing person. Real help given with wisdom and kindness, however, I’ll drink in like the hydrating and rejuvenating soul-water it is.
Enter Tony Robbins. His mastery of helping struggling people from every tier of life maximize their power and achieve their goals is known the world over. And he does it with an elegance, compassion, eloquence and warmth we would all do well to emulate.
I’d watched many an infomercial meant to uplift before seeing Tony Robbins on television, but his were the first that ever gave me not just hope but practical tools I could really use. The renowned coach, advisor, speaker, author, peak performance strategist and humanitarian is the living embodiment of thought leadership and has helped millions of people across the globe.
Prepare your despair, because these words may put a major chink in it. Here are 19 Tony Robbins quotes to evaluate and improve your quality of life…
- “There is no such thing as failure–there are only results.”
- “Your past does not equal your future.”
- “If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
- “Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.”
- “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.”
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
- “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them, or one that can literally save their lives.”
- “Success is doing what you want to do, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want.”
- “When you’re grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
- “It is not what we get, but who we become, what we contribute. . . that gives meaning to our lives.”
- “People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals– that is, goals that do not inspire them.”
- “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure, instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.”
- “Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision.”
- “If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.”
- “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.”
- “Where focus goes, energy flows.”
- “We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.”
- “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.”
You can check out Tony’s Business Results Workshop here.