Life is a pretty surreal thing. Despite all the rampant claims, nobody really knows what we’re doing here, where we’re going or what the point of it all is. One human life, with all of its incredible complexities, fails to even register on the radar of Deep Time. Yet here we are, alive inside of it, on planet earth, breathing the air and having this experience, together.
It is often easy to forget this, however, ensconced as we all are in our daily lives. Sometimes we get so mired in the mundane that we miss the most telling moments of beauty, even as they dance right past our eyes.
On that note, we’ve put together a post of 10 places so beautiful you simply can’t miss them. They are stunning enough to appear as if from another planet. And, it may serve us to remember, to certain “others” out there in this great, vast cosmos, they are from another planet. Please take a moment to enjoy how amazing that really is.
1. Fly Geyser, Washoe County Nevada
2. Zhangye Danxia National Park, Gansu, China
3. Lake Hillier, Western Australia
4. Grand Prismatic Spring in Wyoming
5. Rice Field Terraces in Yunnan, China
6. Sea of Stars, Vaadhoo, Raa Atoll, Maldives
7. Tianzi Mountains, China
8. Abraham Lake, Western Alberta, Canada
9. Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Waikato, NZ
10. Salar De Uyuni, Potosí, Bolivia