“Humans are a dangerously insane and very sick species. That’s not a judgement. It’s a fact. It is also a fact that the sanity is there under the madness. Healing and redemption are available right now.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
1. We prioritize money and the economy over basics like air, water and food quality, our community and environment.
2. We use an economic trading system that facilitates the death of millions of people every year.
3. We divide the world’s land into sections, then fight over who owns those sections.
4. We call some people ‘soldiers’, which makes it ok for them to kill other people.
5. We torture and kill millions of animals every day needlessly for food, clothing and experiments.
6. We send children to school for their entire childhood to memorize facts and skills that they will rarely use.
7. We impose financial pressure on parents, causing them to miss out on vital stages of their child’s development.
8. We have thousands of religions, each one believing that their god or ‘god story’ is the only true and unique version.
9. Love and compassion, which promote life, are mocked as facile, whereas war, which harms life, is seen as honourable.
10. Anyone with a really useful invention can forcibly prevent others from using or modifying it.
Source: The content of this post was originally a meme found online, created by The Free World Charter, “a statement of principles that has the potential to optimise life on Earth for all species, eradicate poverty and greed, and advance progress.” If this post resonated with you, please click the link (their name) and sign the charter.